SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your Personal Information from:
o when you provide such information directly to us, and
o when your Personal Information is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
· Our subsidiaries and affiliates (together, "Affiliates"), when they provide us with your Personal Information.
· Third parties, when they provide us with your Personal Information ("Third Parties"). Third Parties that share your Personal Information with us may include:
o Service Providers. For example, we may use analytics service providers to analyze how you interact and engage with our Services, or third parties may help us provide you with order fulfillment or customer support.
o Social Media Networks connected to our Services. If you provide your social media network account credentials to us or otherwise sign into our Services through a third-party site or service, you understand some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted to us.
o Other AOW Users. For example, we may receive your Personal Information from couples sharing information about their wedding guests or holiday card recipients. Vendors seeking to participate in our matching services may provide the Personal Information of AOW couples that were their clients or of fellow Vendors for purposes of being recommended to our matching services.
· We may also combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our business partners and other third parties ("Combined Information").
TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
You may visit our Website or use our Apps without providing any Personal Information, although we will collect certain analytics information discussed below.
· Personal Identifiers. If you contact us to obtain information about our products or services, we may collect your name, email address and phone number along with other information you may choose to submit. If you visit our Website, we may assign you a customer identification number, and if you create a AOW account, we may collect your name and email address and ask you to choose a user name and password. If you use certain of our Services, we may also collect your age, date of birth, sex, signature, social security number, citizenship, driver's license number or passport number and postal address.
· Payment Information. If you make a purchase through our Website or Apps or redeem cash registry funds, we may collect your telephone number, postal address, email address, payment type, bank account number, credit or debit card number, verification number and expiration date. Your bank account number and credit and debit card numbers are managed by our payment processor partners; we do not handle or store this data.
o Wedding Website and Planning Tools. If you use AOW's wedding website services and other wedding planning tools, we will collect all information regarding yourself and others that you add to your wedding website or other wedding planning tools, such as the name of your fiancé(e) and your wedding date; this includes all information that you add onto your wedding website regardless of whether you've published your wedding website.
o Registry Services. If you use AOW's registry services, we may collect certain information in the process of building a registry, receiving gifts, shipping gifts or transferring cash funds. Such information may include but is not limited to: preferences about your registry and style; items you've added to your registry; personal notes you've added to any items on your registry; standard order information about gifts purchased from your registry; if you have a cash registry, Payment Information to enable us to transfer the gift; and which gifts from your registry you have or haven't taken action on (such as shipping, transferring, or exchanging a gift).
o Invitations and Paper Goods. We collect information that you provide to us in the process of drafting and printing paper goods, including Personal Identifiers such as names and postal addresses, as well as any information added to a draft for the purpose of being printed on a card, envelope, or other item and the number of drafts you've created, edited, or printed.
o Matching Services. If you use AOW's matching services, we may collect your budget information, guest count, wedding date and location, information about your preferences and characteristics, photos you save or favorite as inspiration, information about Vendors that you have selected, information about Vendors you've inquired about and/or received responses from, preferences about Vendors, your criteria for potential Vendors, and other information that you choose to submit about yourself in connection with AOW's matching services ("Match Data"). We may also collect Personal Identifiers and other information of Vendors for the purposes of recommending them for our matching services.
· Commercial Information. We may collect information about the products or services purchased, obtained or considered, as well as other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
· Demographic Information and Protected Classification Characteristics. We may collect certain information of the following information, including through surveys of our customers and users: sex, race, ancestry/national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation and educational level. We may also collect your age, date of birth, gender and zip code.
· Device Information. We may collect and/or use third-party website analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our Website and Apps, including IP address, unique personal identifiers, device ID, device type, browser and operating system type and mobile ad identifiers.
· Location Information and Internet or other Network Activity Information. We also may use third-party website analytics tools, including cookies, web beacons and pixels, that collect information about visitor traffic on our Website and Apps. The types of automated information we may obtain using these tools include but are not limited to (i) search terms used to connect to our Website and search within our Website; (ii) dates and times of visits; (iii) page views and site navigation patterns; (iv) geolocation data; (v) links and URLs that refer visitors to our Website and Apps and (vi) other information regarding your interaction with our Website and Apps.
· Customer Service Information. We collect the communications that we exchange with you through online forms, by email, over the phone or by post, and summaries or voice recordings of your interactions with our customer service team.
· Inferences. Based on the Personal Information described above, we may make certain inferences regarding your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
USING THE INFORMATION, WE COLLECT
· Where the use of your personal information is necessary for the performance of a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
· Where the use is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party);
· Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
· Where you have provided your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time.
We may use Combined Information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes and for other purposes described in this section.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We also reserve the right to transfer Personal Information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your Personal Information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Occasionally, we provide our postal mailing list (consisting of customer names and postal addresses) to other companies for purposes of marketing our Website, Apps or other AOW products or services that may be of interest to you. In order to determine the information that may be of interest to you, the information that you give us and information about your order may be combined with other Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) available from our records and other sources.
We also use non-personally identifiable information so that we can improve our products and services and for business, educational and administrative purposes. We may also use or share with third parties as listed above for any purpose anonymized data that contains no personally identifiable information.
INFORMATION SHARING OPTIONS
We offer you certain choices about the collection, use and sharing of your information. Withdrawing your consent to use your Personal Information may mean that you cannot take advantage of certain offerings or Website features.
· Marketing Communications. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by updating your preferences in your account settings. You may change your email address for receipt of such communications by going to your account settings.
· Data Analytics. If you do not wish to have technology used to gather information about how you interact with our Website while you are on our Website, please install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and employ it at the start of each session on our Website. A cookie will be set on your browser that instructs this technology not to start for that session. Please note that the next time you access our Website the analytics will be reactivated, so you will have to disable the technology each time. If you reject the cookies and web beacons we use, you may still use certain aspects of our Website, but you will not be maximizing the value of our Website.
· Targeted Advertising. If you do not wish to have us collect, use and share information about you to deliver targeted online advertising in this manner, please click here (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) and follow the instructions of how to opt out. Please also note that most opt-out mechanisms are cookie-based and will only affect the specific computer and browser that is used to submit an opt-out request. If you have multiple computers or change computers, or use multiple browsers, you will need to submit opt-out requests for each such computer or browser. In addition, if you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies, you will need to renew your opt-out choices to ensure that any opt-out cookies remain effective.
· Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our Website's features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
· Do Not Track. We use technology that recognizes a "do-not-track" signal from your web browser which allows us to exclude you from any analytics that collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites.
· Third Party Data Collection. We permit limited third parties to place cookies through our Website to provide us with better insights into the use of our Website or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a consumer's online activities over time and across different websites when that consumer uses our Website.
YOUR EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
For individuals within European Economic Area only. Under the GDPR, in certain circumstances, you have the right to: (i) request access to any Personal Information we hold about you and related information, (ii) obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Information, (iii) request that your Personal Information is deleted provided the Personal Information is not required by us for compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim, (iv) prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Information, except to the extent processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and (v) request transfer of your Personal Information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information that you provide to us is generally stored on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personal Information is submitted through our Website, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States, where laws regarding data protection may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By using our Website and by providing any Personal Information through our Website, all users, including without limitation users in the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such Personal Information in the United States.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your Personal Information while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you our services and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of AOW, making data-driven business decisions, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. If you request, we will delete or anonymize your Personal Information so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain Personal Information, including (without limitation) situations such as the following:
· If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary Personal Information until the issue is resolved;
· Where we are required to retain the Personal Information for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary Personal Information for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
· Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access and update your registration information, preferences to receive email or other communications, and certain other data under your account settings. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request. If you believe other Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Update Account Information" and your request in the body of your email. While we make efforts to accommodate requests to restrict our use of your information, we reserve the right to delete all or any portion of customer information if we are not able to reasonably accommodate a requested restriction.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard your information delivered to us electronically, our Website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and postal address so only we or our payment processors, as applicable, are able to decode your information. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Website, and you do so at your own risk.
We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
CHILDREN'S PRIVACY AND PARENTAL CONTROLS
We do not solicit or knowingly collect any Personal Information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use our Website. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that you can use to prevent your children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors. If we learn we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided Personal Information to us, please contact us at email@example.com.